Hello everyone and welcome to my very first Post!
Like everyone I didn’t know where to start and what to write as a first post. Should I do a Currently Reading Post, or should I write a review? Especially if your mother tongue is not English it gets quite complicated because you do not want to end with multiple mistakes (grammar, and all that stuff) on your very first post.
So I thought, Phannie, why don’t you do a Tag and why not the Newbie one? Actually, I have no idea who started the tag so I’m just going to link the blog where I saw the Book Blog Newbie Tag.
- Why did you start your blog?Well, that’s actually a tricky question. I started this blog not only because of my passion for reading books but also because I want to share my opinion with different people. In my entourage, nobody reads the same books as I. One exception would probably be Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. Half of my friends read those two series. Nevertheless, that was everything me and my friends have in common. So here I am! I want to interact, share, and discover new books. And because I am too shy to start Booktube I started a blog.
- What are some fun and unique things you can bring to book blogging?Umm…. I don’t know. Maybe my clumsiness is rubbing off on this blog? That could be funny sometimes because I am a really clumsy person. Another thing would be my sarcasm. I have quite a lot of that.
- What are you most excited about for this new blog?I want to get to know other book lovers around the world and to have the possibility to interact with them, so yeah I guess that is the most exciting.
- Why do you love reading?That’s an interesting question. I guess I love reading because I can immerse in a whole other world. Let’s take Harry Potter or the Six of Crows duology for example. I love both of those worlds (you can’t even imagine how much). Non-readers can’t even imagine how good it feels to press the off button to the real world after a stressful day and dive in a book that makes you feel comfortable.
- What books or series got you into reading?Ummm… Again I don’t know or the better phrase is I can’t remember. I wish that I could say Harry Potter and the Philosophers’ Stone but alas that is not true. Harry Potter was not on my reading list because when I watched the first movie when it came out (I was six at that time) I got nightmares so I didn’t even ask to read the books. My love for this series came at 8 or 9.
My mother used to tell me bedtime stories as a small kid so did that got me into reading? Probably because I read since I can.
- What questions would you ask your favorite book blogger?I guess that I don’t have any favourite book blogger or book tuber. This is like saying what your favourite book is. You have way too many so you can’t choose. However, the question I’d like to ask to any book blogger is: Do you have any tips or a guide for newbies?
- What challenges do you think starting a blog will be the hardest to overcome?That’s easy! I fear that – when I start to get stressed or feel that I need to write a blog post instead of doing it because I want to – I’m not going to continue. Another fear would be the thing I’m feeling now, being new, nobody knows who you are. Why you are worth being read? And I could continue the list but I’m not. I don’t want to demotivate me right at the beginning of this adventure.
And that’s it! I found this Tag on BookingAwesomes’ Page